Cocktail revolution: drones that deliver drinks
World Best Bar
Sep 25, 2018
26 November 2020
What’s better than table service? When your bartender is a drone.
Per La Mente, created by Fernet-Branca, is your go-to source for obscure, innovative life experiences that you never even knew existed. They’ve just introduced us to Michael Cirino, the Brooklyn-based Creative Director of A Razor, A Shiny Knife. He’s come up with a novel way to bring your cocktail to you. It’s almost as unique as his moustache.
He’s created a cocktail revolution: a giant bar that serves as a landing and launching pad for drones that deliver drinks.
We’ve never seen anything like it. Aren’t drones for aerial photography and small-package delivery? It’s a novelty, and an exciting twist on your average cocktail experience…
Does drone service improve the quality of your drink?
Absolutely not. But your evening will be unforgettable – you’ll receive a video of your cocktail flying through the air to make sure of it. It’s a talking point, and you can prove that your cocktail really did come from above.
Your cocktail will be shaken or stirred straight up, literally right above your head. As Cirino says, ‘the only specific reason that we do this is, because it’s awesome.’
Haven’t yet been served by a drone? Why not try these cocktails instead:
The Test Pilot
- 1 ½ oz dark rum, preferably Havana Club
- ¾ oz light rum
- ½ oz Falernum
- ½ oz Cointreau
- 1-2 drops of Angostura Bitters
- 6 drops of Pernod
- Crushed ice
- Blend ingredients for 5 seconds
- Pour the unstrained mixture into a double glass
- Mix with crushed ice
- Add glacé cherry, or garnish of choice
Up in the Air
- 2 fl oz Ketel One Vodka
- ½ fl oz pressed apple juice
- ½ fl oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ fl oz Gilford Sirop de Orgeat (Almond) Syrup
- Mix and shake ingredients with crushed ice
- Strain ingredients into a chilled glass
- Garnish with apple and lemon slice
From Per La Mente
- ½ oz lime juice
- ¾ oz ginger syrup
- ½ oz Fernet-Branca
- 1 ½ oz gin
- Candied ginger
- Fill a glass with crushed ice
- Stir ingredients, pour into glass
- Add candied ginger to garnish