We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement, together with the Terms and Conditions of use of our website www.worldsbestbars.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”) and any other documents referred to on it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us (hereinafter referred to as the “Data”) will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our treatment and use of Data.
For the purpose of the French Act No. 78-17 on Information Technology, Data Files and Civil Liberties of 6 January 1978 1, the data controller is Pernod Ricard, a French company registered at the Trade and Company Registry of Paris under number B 582 041 943 with its registered office located 12 Place des Etats-Unis, 75016 Paris, France.
2. Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- your name;
- your email address;
- the time and date of your visit;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to a service we provide, posting material on our Site, requesting information from us or submitting comments. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site; if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to the Site (including, traffic Data, location Data, weblogs and other communication Data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
When you access our Site, your computer’s browser provides us with information such as your IP address, browser type, access time and referring URL which is collected and used to compile statistical data on the use of our Site. This information may be used to help us to improve our Site and the services we offer.
3. Purposes of the processing
We use your Data that we collect, exclusively, to:
- ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (see Article 6 – MARKETING below);
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- include your name and home city alongside your bar reviews; and notify you about changes to our service.
4. International transfers
In this respect, Pernod Ricard has implemented appropriate contractual measures, based on the model clauses of the European Commission, to establish and/or to confirm that, prior to receiving your Data, the Data recipients, internal or external located in such countries will process your Data with an adequate level of protection.
5. Datat security
Pernod Ricard is committed to protecting the security of your Data. We use a variety of measures and procedures to protect your Data from unauthorized access and use, accidental or unlawful destruction, or accidental loss, and alteration. To this end, we have notably implemented technical measures such as firewalls and organizational measures such as a login/efficient password system, physical protection, etc.
We would like to use your Data to send you information by electronic means relating to our services and products which may be of interest to you and to send you information relating to services and products from other carefully selected parties.
We may also disclose your Data to those carefully selected parties so that they may contact you for the same purposes.
If you consent to that use for those purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the forms on which we collect your Data. Further, in the event, you would have consented to that use but you finally wish to stop the use of your Data for those purposes, please contact us at any time (see Article 11 – CONTACT US below).
7. Recipients of the data
The recipients of your Data are:
- any member of the Pernod Ricard Group which means the Pernod Ricard S.A company and any company directly or indirectly controlled by Pernod Ricard S.A in the meaning of Article L.233-3 of the French Commercial Code or consolidated in the accounts of the Pernod Ricard S.A.
- the companies that may assist Pernod Ricard in the operation and/or exploitation of the Site.
We may also disclose your Data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Pernod Ricard or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your Data held by it may be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce the Terms and Conditions of use of the Site and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pernod Ricard, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. Links to other sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
9. Rights concerning the collected personal data
According to the French Act No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Information Technology, Data Files and Civil Liberties as amended, you have the right to access, modify, oppose to the use of your Data for legitimate reasons and ask for the deletion of your Data on the Site.
All such rights shall be exercised by electronic letter, together with a copy of a piece of identity, sent to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at email@example.com.
We will respond to you within a reasonable period of time from your request, in compliance with applicable law.
We store your Data only for as long as necessary for the purposes of providing access to the Site and related services to you, or as permitted by applicable law.
10. Changes to our privacy statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make any changes to the processing of your Data, we will ask your consent to the changes.
11. Contact us
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this Privacy Statement and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to our Customer Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be dealt with promptly and efficiently.
1 As amended notably by (1) French Act No. 2004-801 of 6 August 2004 relative to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and by (2) French Act No. 2009-526 of 13 May 2009 relative to the simplification and clarification of law.